There is a great variety of rack products. What do surveys show that the users actually want?
Here is a list:
* Ability to distribute racks internationally.
* Allow adjustment to new high-density applications.
* An electronic lock (i.e. a proximity card swipe (logged access)).
* Better airflow management for network gear.
* Easier time attaching power distribution units.
* Enough depth (at least 40 inches) for modern gear and room for maintenance.
* More flexibility in cable management.
* Order to delivery should take no longer than 10 business days.
* Rack side panels are generally weak.
* Racks and cabinets should come with casters.
* Simplifying adding and removing side panels or other main components.
* Standard size (Most come close to, but not precise; as an example, standard floor tiles are 24x4 inches).
* Well-thought-out add-on options for containment.