Here are a few best practices Gartner and other security researchers have recommended:
* Consider security from the beginning of a project (starting at the infrastructure before moving up to application layers).
* Do your homework to determine which providers are compatible with your needs.
* Don’t assume every cloud provider has the same set of security policies.
* Education is a must.
* Develop security assessments regularly
* Check your options for malware protection, firewalls and intrusion prevention devices.
*Multiple approaches are required to secure cloud data.
* Users should understand how they are at risk and how they can practice safer cloud computing
Should bandwidth providers be held partially responsible when attacks (Virus and Hack attacks) occur?
Over time, Service Providers will provide a more secure transport for corporate data.